SNP NEWS FEED
- Joanna Cherry: Priti Patel must help the women in the nation her parents left 21/10/2021AS I sit down to write my column this week, Westminster is still in shock following the brutal murder of Sir David Amess. The tributes to him were warm, heartfelt and humbling.
- It’s concerning that SNP MPs do not hold regular meetings on independence 21/10/2021FINALLY it is being recognised by Ian Blackford and Westminster MPs that they have to up their game on the subject of independence. I was flabbergasted by the limp
- LGB Alliance conference: Joanna Cherry joins Rosie Duffield for 'free speech' panel 21/10/2021A LABOUR MP has branded her party an “absolute embarrassment” on women’s rights and gender identity.
- DWP 'taking the p***' teasing benefits recipients with 'an extra £290' 21/10/2021THE UK Government is accused of “taking the p***” by sending out letters to benefits recipients printed with the question: “What would you do with an extra £290?”
- MP stunned as new UK trade minister doesn't know the 'basics' about Scotland 21/10/2021AN SNP MP was taken aback in the Commons this morning as a new UK Government trade minister failed to understand the “basics” of devolution.
- New Zealand trade deal: Scottish Government 'frozen out of talks' 21/10/2021CLAIMS that Boris Johnson’s new trade deal with New Zealand will benefit Scottish farmers are “utterly fanciful”, Downing Street has been told, as Holyrood complained it was frozen out of the negotiations.
- Scotland may get 'everything but independence' under Gordon Brown's review 21/10/2021SIR Keir Starmer has said all powers short of independence could be transferred to Holyrood under a party review led by Gordon Brown which could see it back greater Scottish autonomy.
- Nicola Sturgeon's no better than Boris Johnson's, Keir Starmer says 21/10/2021SIR Keir Starmer has said Nicola Sturgeon has handled the pandemic no better than Boris Johnson as he launched an attack on what he described as her “appalling” record in power.
- Who's on tonight's Scottish edition of Question Time as Brian Cox set to appear 20/10/2021AWARD-WINNING Scottish actor Brian Cox is among those to appear on the BBC’s flagship political debate show Question Time this Thursday.
- Scots 'shafted' as Tories break triple-lock pensions promise 20/10/2021THE only way to protect Scotland's pensioners is with "the full powers of independence", the SNP have said.